|44th and 9th by David Wolfram, Oil|
Downtown Torrance Artwalk
June 25, 4 - 8pm
- Hundreds of visitors are expected in Old Torrance June 25, 2016 from 4 – 8pm for the 2nd Annual Downtown Torrance Artwalk, sponsored by Destination: Art.
- Outstanding local artists from the South Bay will be showcased at the seven venues participating in the Downtown Torrance Artwalk. A map and more information is available at www.destination-art.net.
- The Torrance Rose Float Association is hoping visitors will start or add to their art collections because the Association will receive 5% of the proceeds of all artwork sold by Destination: Art artists during the Artwalk.
- The Associates, a group of over 60 South Bay artists affiliated with Destination: Art, are exhibiting in the destination: Art Gallery, 1815 W. 213th St., #135. Their Awards Reception is the first stop on the Downtown Torrance Artwalk.
- Visitors are invited to celebrate with the awards recipients as cash prizes will be awarded by this year’s Awards Judge, Sara Balough of the newly opened Freighthouse Design Showroom, 1260 Cabrillo Ave.
- The Destination: Art Gallery Artists will be displaying art for purchase on the patio of Chef Shafer’s Buffalo Fire Department, where there will also be live music, 1261 Cabrillo Ave.
- The Torrance Artists’ Guild will be showing artwork in front of the Red Car Brewery, 1266 Sartori Ave.
- Paintings of historic Torrance sites by Destination: Art artists will be on display at the Torrance Historical museum along with paintings from their permanent collection. The Museum is located at 1345 Post Ave.
- APC Fine Arts Gallery will be exhibiting digital and mixed media art at 1621 Cabrillo Ave. and the California Museum of Fine Art features the art of Dali Higa and various Russian artists at 1421 Marcelina Ave.
- The Artwalk culminates with tours of the studios at Destination: Art, 1815 W. 213th St., #135.